Advertise in The Archives of Safety and Health
The Safety and Health Historical Society seeks advertising for inclusion in its quarterly journal, The Archives of Safety and Health. The information below provides details. Should you have any questions, please contact us.
|Frequency||Quarterly: January, April, July, October|
|Format||Electronic email distribution to patrons, contributors and subscribers.|
|Distribution||Number of copies: To be determined|
Pricing is for full process color. There are no discounts for black and white ads.
|Quarterly Rates (for consecutive issues).
Costs are per issue.
|Ad Size (inches)||1 Issue||2 Issues||3 Issues||4 Issues|
(7 1⁄2 w x 9 1/4 h)
|Full back page
(7 1⁄2 w x 9 1/4 h)
|1⁄2 page (horizontal)
(7 1⁄2 w x 4 1⁄2 h)
|1⁄2 page (vertical)
(3 1⁄2 w x 9 1/4 h)
(3 1⁄2 w x 4 1⁄2 h)
(3 1⁄2 w x 2 h)
The deadlines listed below are for finalized and approved submission for advertisements.
|Issue||Paid Agreement Completed with SHHS||Copy to SHHS||Publication Date|
|January||November 1||December 1||January 1|
|April||February 1||March 1||April 1|
|July||May 1||June 1||July 1|
|October||August 1||September 1||October 1|
- Political Ads
- SHHS does not permit or accept political advertising.
- SHHS sells advertising space on a first-come, first-served basis. Each issue of The Archives has limited advertising space. The amount depends on the space available in each issue.
- For other than the Full Back Page advertisement, SHHS will place ads using its judgement regarding the best organization of available ad space in any issue of The Archives of Safety and Health.
- SHHS must receive payment in advance of the Copy Due Date for all ads.
- Canceling Ads
- There are no refunds for ad cancellations occurring after a Copy Due Date. SHHS will credit ad cancellations occurring prior to the copy deadline to the end of the advertiser’s placement contract. SHHS does not offer cash refunds for advertiser cancellations.
- Other Advertising Policy
- SHHS reserves the right to reject any advertising without cause or prior notice.SHHS may change without notice the published rates and conditions. Advertising rates will remain in effect for the duration of an executed advertising agreement.SHHS will cancel or not accept ordered advertisements if an advertiser does not have an agreement in place by the date required for a publication issue.
- Advertising cannot include any metallic or spot colors.SHHS can accept camera-ready advertisements requiring scanning by SHHS for a fee. If camera ready copy is not sized correctly for the space ordered, there will be a scanning charge of $50.Ads must use PDF files with all fonts embedded or JPEG (300 dpi or better with 600 dpi preferred). The following are unacceptable formats: MSWord, PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Word Perfect and Quark.
- Since The Archives of Safety and Health is an electronic publication, SHHS does not consider inserts.